The OSNMAplus project started on December 2020. The main objective is the development of close-to-market GNSS receivers and services enabling the use of Galileo OSNMA and I/NAV improvements in different market segment. The OSNMAplus consortium comprises QASCOM (as prime contractor), Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and UAV Navigation (as subcontractors).
The OSNMAplus project is founded by European Union / EUSPA (under the grant Enhanced GNSS receiver/user terminal GSA/GRANT/03/2019).
The OSNMAplus team will develop the ONP Services:
- Connected services to improve the OSNMA startup performance for internet connected devices.
- Connected services to improve the resilience against a well-defined set of GNSS threats.
- Connected services implementing authenticated time distribution to simplify the implementation of the OSNMA loose time synchronization requirement.
An early version of the services is expected to be publish in Q4/2022.
The OSNMAplus team will also develop GNSS receivers modules:
- The ONP Receiver: A GNSS receiver module supporting OSNMA, I/NAV improvements and the ONP Services. This module will be based on two GNSS receivers; the first providing state-of-the-art navigation performance, the second implementing robust navigation.
- The ONP Module: A small GNSS device with Bluetooth connectivity enabling the use of OSNMA in mobile phones.
And finally, the OSNMAplus team will develop the ONP SDK a set of software libraries (also available as source code) implementing both the legacy support of OSNMA and/or the support for the connected services.
The implementation of OSNMA within the ONP SDK is state of the art in terms of performance and robustness against GNSS threats. This implementation has been consolidated over 6 years by leveraging Qascom’s unique knowledge in the field of GNSS data authentication and GNSS threats detection and prevention.